Thursday 15 January 2015

w7 In The Nude Palette - Review

Hi Sweethearts,

I hope you enjoyed my last post! If you tried out the look for yourself, then I'd love to see a picture of you! ^_^  This weeks' post is going to be a little review! 
  
I'm a massive advocate of  'Beauty on a Budget' for a couple of reasons. 

The first reason, is that I don't think it's necessary to have expensive products or equipment to create high quality makeup looks. Budget brands can be absolutely wonderful if you're prepared to try them out and find what you like. 

Secondly, I simply can't afford to splash out on high end brands. 
Sorry, but you won't find any products that cost over £15 (Usually they'll all be under £10, though I have 1 or 2 small exceptions) or any fancy Boeing 747 brushes that you *need*  for your makeup looks! 

This week's post will be about the w7 In the Nude palette.

My lovely friend bought me the w7 In the Nude eyeshadow palette for my Birthday last month. It was really great timing as I'd been looking for a new neutral palette for my more subdued looks. 

Here is what it looks like: 



This Palette retails from w7 Cosmetics at £9.99, but if you're in Scotland, Watt Brothers sell it for £4.99! 

First impressions:

This is pretty much a Budget friendly version of Urban Decays' 'Naked' eyeshadow palette.
  It comes in a nice tin, with 12 shadows, and a makeup brush/spongetip applicator.

This is how the shadows look on my skin with only a little bit being applied quickly on my arm in natural light:



From the hand/arm test alone, I noticed that the shadows are all pretty strong, which is a really good thing in my opinion, as with some brands you need to keep layering to actually see the shadow. (Remember those makeup kits you used to get for Xmas?)

Despite being pressed shadows, they are actually quite soft so they come onto your brushes very easily - another good thing.

I also found that due to both of these things, they are really easy to blend, and those that know me, know how much I like to blend!

The palette has a combination of matt and shimmery/metallic shades, mostly learning towards the metallic/shimmery shades. The 2nd colour on the palette is a dusky rose shade, with a lot of shimmer to it (although you can't really see it in my photos) and I really love this. It twinkles really nicely when it catches the light, which for me is another plus - I love to sparkle!

For me, I think this palette is pretty great, especially for just shy of £10 (or a fiver if you're getting it from Watt Brothers)!

The downside:

The Brush/Applicator.

I have to be honest from the start here. I absolutely hate sponge tip applicators. They don't really allow for blending, more eyeshadow sits in the applicator that goes on your eye, cleaning them is also a pain & if you don't, they blend the shadows in the palette together.
 Really, I think sponge tip applicators shouldn't be used full stop.

It does also come with a brush, for those of us that don't like sponge applicators (like me).
 Unfortunately the brush is made of bendy, synthetic fibres that only really move the eyeshadow in the palette, and is pretty useless for general use.

Really, I wouldn't recommend using it at all. 

I actually got most of my makeup brushes from Lidl a while back when they had some in and they've served me pretty well. Now that I'm updating my brush kit, I'm buying mine from Watt Brothers discount store(Scotland) and they tend to be from Royal, and are costing me £1.99 each approximately. I think my foundation brush was a bit more, £2.99 if I remember correctly!


The Verdict
I used this palette for my Gyaru makeup tutorial on my last post, you can see the video here:                                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsebBYfUrX0

I really do like this palette, the shadows go on well and come in lovely shades which are perfect for more natural everyday looks, or smokey eyes etc, but the possibilities are endless!

For £9.99 it's really a great bargain and I would recommend it if you're looking for an easy to carry set that won't break the bank.

Would I buy it again if I run out? Definitely!



Love,

Kasumi x




2 comments:

  1. Hi there :) I love w7 makeup and have that palette lol! I have light blue eyes and think the colors included in this palette best suit my eye color and shape. I personally think it is a MUST HAVE. <3
    Interesting review and looking forward to hearing more from you. :)
    I am totally joining this blog because i am sure you will have some fantastic future posts too!
    I also blog aswell you see :3 My blog is based around Kawaii lifestyle really but occasionally the odd cosmetic or hair post.
    IF you want you can check it out, here is a link?
    http://pasteldreamandrainbowskies.blogspot.co.uk/
    Let me know what you think of it :3
    Happy blogging!
    <3
    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scarlett!

      Thanks so much for your lovely comment! ^_^ I'm really fond of this palette, tbh I really love w7 for the most part!

      I've followed your blog, which is super cute, so looking forward to more posts from you too ^_^

      Delete

Leave me your comments <3