Wednesday 18 February 2015

Kimchi Bambi Circle Lens Review from Lens Village



Hey Sweethearts!


This is my 2nd post of the week, because I just couldn't wait to chat about my new circle lenses from www.lensvillage.com 

As always, please click on the images to see them larger!!!





I was contacted by Lens Village, asking me to choose a pair of lenses for a review, as I'm an avid lens wearer. This came at a great time for me, as my current lenses are due expiring so I've been looking for some new ones to replace them!

All communications from LensVillage was quick, and they were super polite and friendly, which is always a plus
The lenses arrived in a couple of weeks - which is great timing considering that they're coming all the way from Malaysia to the UK.

Packaging

Inside of the mailing bag was this little package, with the cute Lens Village business card clearly on the front:
         
Inside the packet, carefully wrapped in a protective foam sheet were the lenses of my choice, Kimchi (by Vassen) Bambi Lenses in Violet. These retail from LensVillage at £12.31 per pair

http://www.lensvillage.com/kimchi-bambi-violet-lens/

 Before I choose lenses, I always check up reviews from others - I'm a bit paranoid at times with new things, but from my research it came back as positive which put my mind at ease.


They arrived inside cute little bottles with my prescription clearly marked.
Also included was a kawaii purple lens case to keep my lenses stored, business card, and a little card letting me know about their current competition which you can check out in the link below:

(http://www.lensvillage.com/contest/





Lenses:


       


 Here are the lenses once I'd put them inside their case!

I love violet coloured lenses, and the golden yellow on the inside is a nice touch! I'm really attracted to the pattern on the lenses too - they look so cute!

They match to the product shots on the LensVillage website accurately, and they look so cute!
 I've never had lenses from Kimchi before, I've always either had Geo Medical, or Vassen themselves, so I was really interested in trying these out!




Lens specifics:

Manufacturer : Vassen
Actual Diameter : 15mm
Effect Diameter : 16mm
Water Content : 55%
Power Range : 0.00 to -8.50 (my prescription is -2.75 each eye)
Life Span : 1 Year 

My Natural Eyes: 




Here are my eyes, prior to wearing lenses. My eyes are pretty strange I feel, because they appear to change from blue to green for some weird reason, and they have a good few tones to them. Most circle lenses tend to be designed for covering brown/dark eyes, so I always wonder what lenses will look like with my lighter, western eyes.

I chose a kawaii/fun look for this blog post as I thought the lenses would look really cute with big bouncy blonde curls, and some colourful clothing - though I bet they'd look amazing in a darker, pastel goth style too!
It also gave me a chance to wear the hat I bought myself yesterday, which is always nice!

Outfit:
Hat - F&F @ Tesco, Kids Section
Wig - Voguewigs, Ebay
Jumper - Offbrand, Ebay
Jeggings - Primark

Putting the Lenses in:


The first thing that I noticed, is that these lenses are really flexible and quite delicate, which I quite like as thicker lenses tend to cause me discomfort. I found the lenses super easy to insert into my eyes. I tend to suffer from naturally dry eyes quite a bit, so I always expect a little discomfort when I first put any lenses in initially, but usually this settles to feeling pretty comfortable after a few minutes. With these lenses, I found that I had absolutely no discomfort what so ever, which was brilliant!   I also tend to limit my time wearing circle lenses to around 6 hours max, and keep some moisture drops on hand in case my eyes start to get dry - with these though, I found that my eyes weren't really drying out so much, which makes them so much easier to wear, 
I usually tend to wear lenses that are around the 15mm mark, as I don't like them too big, or too small - my regular clear daily lenses are 14.2mm as it is.

My thoughts on the Kimchi Bambi Violet & images:

I really adore the colour of these on my eyes! The violet really stands out against my makeup, and I kinda feel a little bad-ass with my look today (In a cute way).
Kimchi lenses are pretty popular with cosplayers, despite being newer on the market, and I can 100% see why - the colours are wonderful, enlargement is great, they fit well and are just adorable!

Here you can see the different between my natural eyes and the lenses: 


Images under my studio lights:



Natural Window Light:







Verdict & Summary:


Aren't they just wonderful???
I absolutely LOVE these lenses, and definitely need to get some more of them in different colours & styles!

Amazing lenses that arrived in great time, nicely presented and great value for money!
 I'd definitely recommend you pop over to LensVillage and pick yourselves up some of these babies!

Look: 5/5
Fit: 5/5
Comfort: 5/5
Service: 5/5


Thank you so much LensVillage!

I really hope my review was helpful to you all, and that you enjoy your new lens purchases! ^_^

Love,

Kasumi x

4 comments:

  1. Your real eyes are amazing! The purples lenses make your eyes look very hypnotic, I can't look away!

    Just started following you :)

    stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ^_^

      I really love how vibrant the purple looks - I think these are probably tying with princess mimi sesame grey as my favourite lenses! I really want more of them ^_^

      Delete
  2. Your natural eye color is so stunning! The purple lenses look really cool and the color definitely pops a lot more since your natural color is so light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ^_^

      I've grown really fond of the lenses atm, used them for a photoshoot on Monday (you can see a sneak peek over on my instagram @kasuminoir) I do think they'd work really well on dark eyes too though :)

      Delete

Leave me your comments <3